The Silly Tales of Dr. Seuss are on Our Bookshelf. How About You?
Dr. Seuss has been one of the most read and influential beginner books for kids for #years. Children as young as infants, toddlers, and even school age kids enjoy the silly, rhythmic stories. They, often time, are mesmerized by the characters and colors of the lively illustrations. More importantly, they will take the lessons in each book to heart which in turn will help them grow into a well rounded, compassionate and all around smart human being.
“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
– Dr. Seuss
It’s one of our favorite authors because we love the silliness of the tales told. They captivate her attention and mine alike. The story lines and characters are from such depths of Dr. Seuss’ imagination that though not always understood they stay with you forever! It’s no surprise that it’s one of the most popular books found in our tots libraries. It certainly a part of ours. And, it will keep growing.
Dr. Seuss Will be a Part of Your Forever!
Me and Bean are huge fans and it’s not just for the fun colors and personalities within. Here are just a few reasons I find Dr. Seuss a huge plus in benefiting the cultivation of character, smarts, and a love for reading:
- Great for phonics. the rhythmic rhymes are a great way to help kids associate letters with the sounds that they make which make it a fantastic beginner book from day one! Or, dare I say, well before the babe appears into the physical world we share. Yep, you can start as soon as your second part of the pregnancy, during which your baby will be able to hear you! Never too early to start reading, I say. In fact, hearing the way language is used in these books is really, really important for a baby’s development because it’s the way that young children develop a skill called phonological awareness which is crucial for learning to read later on.
- Excellent beginner book. Though your newborn may not follow the story line or even see the characters detail, which Dr. Seuss never shies away from, she will love to listen to your voice enunciating each phrase with emotion and life. You can’t help but act out each line with joy and your baby is sure to sense it and, in turn, love it!
- Fun for reading out-loud. There are many books that you can find to read together but few reach the level of silly fun that can be had
- Grows with your child. as your baby starts to understand the world around us, she will also grow to understand the stories being told in the books along with the rhyme and together those two are magic! You’ll see your little ones eyes light up as they see a familiar character work through the story and they will be enthralled by the amazing tales told.
- Life lessons. I am a fan of doing things with a reason. I think one of the major points behind books is the take away. The lessons it teaches and what it leaves the child with. It’s important to note that Dr. Seuss was also after my own heart in this department and has tucked life lessons into his wildly entertaining stories. And isn’t that the key? Here are 10 things you can expect your children to learn as they read Dr.seuss:
- poetry appreciation – the entire Dr. Seuss collection
- a love for reading – I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!
- the importance of bravery and standing up for yourself – Thidwick the Big Hearted Moose
- standing up for the little guy –Horton Hears a Who!
- the value of honesty – The Cat in the Hat
- the gravity of being environmentally conscious – The Lorax
- the power of being positive – Oh the Places You’ll Go
- about fear and intolerance – What I Was Scared of and The Sneetches
- believing in yourself – Gertrude McFuzz
- sympathy – Yertle the Turtle
- Manifest imagination and creativity. You can’t help but look at these stories and think: Where in the world did he come up with this. The stories told by Dr. Seuss will show your child, and even you, that nothing can stop your imagination from flourishing. You can take it as far as you like in creating your own stories, drawings, poems and more. There is no wrong answer here, just have fun and let the creativity flow!
Get Started with Dr. Seuss Today
Your child will thank you tomorrow
Together, they explore the topics of gentle parenting, healthy eating, grateful thinking, yoga bending, nifty hacking, green living, soul searching, and mindfulness practicing.
She has lived many lives. She has seen great beauty and utter darkness. It makes her whole. She is strong and with your presence, support, and love right here, right now ever stronger!!!
Read more about her by visiting the Meet the Bee page or email her right now!
We hope you enjoy the adventures of Chewy & Bossy!