Hiccups, spit up, and vomit, oh my!
There’s nothing worse than watching your little one suffer and not being able to do anything about it.
We were dealing with lots of spit up and even more crying throughout the day. No matter how much burping we did or remained in an upright position after eating the spit up and crying came and never seemed to go away.
Bedtime brought more tribulations with, at times, massive throw up that seemed to projectile for feet at time and even though the nose. It was heartbreaking watching Bean endure such harsh experiences within her tiny, helpless body.
Heartburn and reflux was one of the most prominent effects of my pregnancy, so, i know all too well what my nugget was going though. So, we began to problem solve.
First – isolate the issue – Quiz
here are some ways you can tell you baby may have acid reflux
- Does your baby have a persistent cough not associated with an illness?
- Does your baby gag when feeding?
- Does your baby arch her back when feeding or shortly after?
- Does your baby refuse to eat or eats a little at a time?
- Is your baby irritable when eating?
- Does your baby grunt and growl during feedings?
- Does your baby have difficulty swallowing?
- Does your baby vomit frequently?
- Does your baby spit up during or shortly after a feeding?
- Does your baby cry suddenly or wake up crying?
- Does your baby suffer from colic?
- Does your baby have “wet burps“?
- Does your baby have frequent hiccups?
- Does your baby have poor sleep habits?
- Does your baby have spells of not breathing?
- Does your baby have slow growth?
- Has your baby lost weight?
If you’ve answered “yes” to 3 or more of the questions above, I highly recommend you seeing your babies pediatrician for further testing and treatment.
Through careful observation, we’ve pin pointed that Bean has all but two of the symptoms described above. Poor thing! So, we scheduled an emergency appointment immediately the next day to help the little thing feel better ASAP!
Results and treatments for the baby with heartburn.
Post treatment results after about a week of meds.
Elevate the babes sleep to help with heartburn.
Copyright Notice – This site and all works, products, images and files are protected by copyright making it unlawful to produce copies or reproductions of the work and/or to sell or assign those copies without consent of the owner of this site.
Source: About.com: Heartburn/GERD
Together, they explore the topics of gentle parenting, healthy eating, grateful thinking, yoga bending, nifty hacking, green living, soul searching, and mindfulness practicing.
She has lived many lives. She has seen great beauty and utter darkness. It makes her whole. She is strong and with your presence, support, and love right here, right now ever stronger!!!
Read more about her by visiting the Meet the Bee page or email her right now!
We hope you enjoy the adventures of Chewy & Bossy!