What Exactly is Learn with Homer?
Learn with Homer is a … well, simply put, it’s an iPad reading application for kids 2-6 years old and covers subjects like vocabulary, music, reading, art, rhymes, science, story time and more. It engages your child to in learning by taking logical and specific steps in training the hungry young minds in incredibly intereting and captivating ways.
It’s even better than TV!
-Learn with Homer user
Why is it So Darn Successful?
There are oh, so many reasons why this incredible app is goring with the speed of light! Here are just a few reasons why this app is only getting better:
- scientifically researched
- award winning –
- The 10 Best Apps for Kids: Editors’ Best Tech of 2013
- Top App of the Year by Creative Child Magazine
- Winner of the 2014 Dr. Toy “Best Classic” Award
- Third place winner of Mobile Future’s mobile innovation competition
- Mom’s Choice Award Gold Medal Honoree, 2014 Winner
- Winner of the 2014 Parents’ Choice Award Silver Honor
- builds confidence – it’s inevitable that your kids will move through the lessons with smiles and eagerness all the while plumping up their little brains with marveous information
- makes learning fun – it’s colorful, beautiful, full of cute characters and children often forget that they are actually learning
- it’s interactive – so your kids are a part of the lesson and makes them feel one on one with the app
- new content is constantly updated so it’ always fun for the curious young mind
- has a huge variety of music, rhymes and endless stories
- read alongs and recording capabilities will help your child soar
- printout assignments to take things off line
- weekly gifts for the kids to keep things interesting
- progress reports help parents visualize their children advancement
- share progress, postcards, drawings, and more with others, like grandparents, aunts, and uncles
- it’s affordable!
Who Stands Behind it?
It’s been talked about the big wigs at Forbes, The New York Times, and the Today Show just to mention a few names who all rave about it! And that’s no small potatoes coming from names like those.
“One of the most comprehensive apps for teaching reading.”
The New York Times
These are reviews that I found from around the web:
Learn with Homer is a fantastic app to have available for your child ages 3 to 6. Learn with Homer facilitates learning letter sounds and shapes while having fun being creative. Not only are the program manipulation on the screen surprising they are beautiful. Your child will be engaging in literacy a swell as beauty. I never saw my son laugh so hard as when he was recording his thoughts in funny voices and playing it back again. There are so many resources and reading experiences on Learn with Homer, I recommend this app to everyone!
-Science Teacher Mom
Learn With Homer is an awesome app. My daughter tells me the most fascinating facts from what she’s learned from Homer. If only she came home with the same interesting facts from school… This app includes music, stories, poems, activities, facts and it is nice and colorful. Can’t recommend it enough.
We love Learning with Homer! My son is having a very difficult time learning to read and this language rich app has really provided a positive connection with reading rather than frustration. There is a Learn to Read section that we’ve its but he spends most of his time in the Storytime and Discover the World areas where there are sections of poetry, folk songs and short educational stories. He is actually learning a lot of “fun facts” and they ask comprehension questions at the end of the story and he can record his answer. We have enjoyed it so much that we did pay for the additional lessons and stories, and it was well worth every penny. The Folk Songs may be my favorite group. I can go online at any time and listen to the answers he recorded as well as see where he has visited in Homer’s world and track his progress. I think it is the best parent tracking of any of our other apps. Most of all, this app is getting my son interested in reading again and I can’t fully express my appreciation for that! My son is 7 and not a strong reader. This would have been perfect for my daughter at 4 or 5.
I am SO excited I got to do this review and can’t wait (well maybe I can just a little) until my little Bean gets to give it a go! I just know she’ll love it, I know I already do (I’ve tinkered around with a friends iPad). And did I mention, more than a few of my friends are quite thrilled with it too? Here is what they said about it:
Bee, you have to check out this app! My Frankie is in love with it and thinks it’s a game!
I swear my kid knows more about history than I do. It’s kind of embarrassing. Can moms play?
How to Get Started
That’s easy, just click below to get started with the award winning reading app for kids!
Together, they explore the topics of gentle parenting, healthy eating, grateful thinking, yoga bending, nifty hacking, green living, soul searching, and mindfulness practicing.
She has lived many lives. She has seen great beauty and utter darkness. It makes her whole. She is strong and with your presence, support, and love right here, right now ever stronger!!!
Read more about her by visiting the Meet the Bee page or email her right now!
We hope you enjoy the adventures of Chewy & Bossy!