Summer Reading Ignites Imagination…
The best way to teach them to love to read is by example. Let’s read together, shall we?
1. Barnes & Noble: Imagination’s Destination – A Free Book, Summer Reading Kit and More. Click here for more information on B&N’s program for kids.
2. Book Adventure – Book Adventure is a fun, free way to motivate your child to read! Kids in grades K-8 can search for books, read them offline, come back to quiz on what they’ve read, and earn prizes for their reading success. Start your adventure!
3. The Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge™ is a free online reading program for children. Join today the Scholastic Challenge and let’s set a new reading world record for summer 2015! (May 4 – Sept 4, 2015) Grand Prize: the schools with the most minutes read will win a visit from Michael Northrop (top elementary school), and Varian Johnson (top middle school).
4. TD Bank sets out to make reading fun while teaching young people the importance of saving money. It’s just part of TD’s commitment to education – and to you. Join TD Bank Summer Reading Program.
5. Do-It-Yourself Summer Reading Camp – Everything you need to host 10 fun weeks of reading camp – a new theme each week! Created in cooperation with PBS KIDS®. Start Your Camp DIY now!
6. Books-a-Million. Kids receive a free tote bag when they read 4 books off of a select list. While supplies last. Start your books-a-million reading adventure now!
7. Random House® Step into Reading Program. Random House is celebrating this special anniversary by giving you a kit filled with the tools you’ll need to foster and develop a love of reading with the children visiting your store. For 25 years, STEP INTO READING books have offered new challenges for young readers to master without being too difficult. This summer, prepare your child to go back to school and climb another rung on the ladder to literacy. Take the Challenge!